Rosemary & Olive Oil Pita Chips with Tuscan White Bean Dip from Tamara:
- dried rosemary (not fresh) (I used about 1T)
- extra virgin olive oil (I used about 1/2 cup)
- 15 ounce can of drained and rinsed cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 2T fresh lemon juice along with and the grated lemon peel of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Soak some dried rosemary in a bowl of extra virgin olive oil. This mixture is used for brushing on the pitas. Let this soak for at least an hour.
2. Blend beans, parsley, lemon juice & grated lemon peel, garlic, salt and pepper (to taste) in food processor. Drizzle 1/3 cup of olive oil in a constant stream while blending. Blend until creamy and smooth.
3. For the pita chips, buy a bag of fresh pitas. Cut each pita into long strips - 8 per pita (I used a pizza cutter) Snip the tips off (with kitchen shears) each strip to square them off and separate. After separation you should have around 16 individual chips then per pita. Brush each strip with the rosemary olive oil mixture on the rough side of the pita, the inner side, place on a baking sheet, sprinkle with kosher salt and bake in a 400F oven for about 7-8 minutes, or until golden brown. Let them cool on a rack. If you want to make them ahead and store them, place in a cookie tin between sheets of wax paper. They will stay crunchy and delicious for up to 3 weeks!