Monday, August 22, 2011

lime cilantro rice.


Lime Cilantro Rice from Jenni:

1 tsp oil or butter
2 tsp fresh cilantro
2/3 cup white basmati rice
1 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1 lime

In a 2 quart heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted. Add rice and lime juice, stir for 1 minute. Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil. At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed. Add in the cilantro and fluff rice with a fork.

**Note from Jenni: I love this rice recipe and I make it at least once a week. It is just like the rice at Chipotle Restaurant. I always at least double the recipe. Leftovers freeze well. After tasting Beckie's rice I am going to add some of the lime zest next time I make it.




No comments:

Post a Comment